How do I get a domestic violence protection order in King County?

The first step in obtaining a protection order is identifying the court where you would like to file.

If you are a current resident of King County or recently fled to King County because of domestic violence then you can file in King County. Filing for a protection order can be a confusing process but there are Protection Order Advocates available at the following locations to assist you in the process.

You may also obtain a protection order at any Superior or District Court and some Municipal Courts. Please note that advocates are only available to assist you at the courts listed above. If you are filing in a court that does not have advocates, please go to the Clerk’s Office and the Clerk will give you the forms you need to file your order.

Please click here for a list of courts in King County.

The Protection Order process is at minimum, a two step process.